Monday, December 10, 2012

LIHS Executive Board Approval Granted For The LIHS Blog

At the Christmas/Holiday party, this past Sunday, a board member or three told me that I have been given the green light to go ahead with this blog for the LIHS. They also told me that board approval was unanimous and I think that is a good thing. So, I am going to kick this off for real and get underway by posting here at least once per week with LIHS and herp related blogs.

If anyone, who is an LIHS in good standing, wants to submit a blog post to me for publication here on this blog, please send it to me via an email. I ask that you send it as a file attachment in either MS Word or something that can be opened by MS Word so I can easily cut and paste the article on the blog. Send photos, to accompany the articles, as JPG or JPEG files attached to the email. Of course, you can also just send photos for publication on the blog but I ask that, if you are just submitting photographs, you at least supply an explanatory caption with each picture. I do not think I can cut and paste PDF files here so please do not submit them.

As far as content goes, keep it LIHS and or herp related. I was given the okay to approve/disapprove anything that is submitted with the exception of legal or political pieces; those must receive LIHS board member approval before being posted.

I will not post any for sale ads on the blog. I will post links to member websites if it is requested, by a member in good standing, that I post his or her herp related website address on the blog. These links can be to things like: herp hobbyist sites or blogs, commercial herp sites and so on.

Wish me and the LIHS luck with this and please send in some things to post on the blog. If anyone has any photos of the Holiday party, that would be a good place to start as I did not have a camera on Sunday.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments:

Post a Comment