Monday, July 15, 2013

We Can Use LIHS Member Support

I just checked the Site meter stats for the LIHS blog. We are getting, about 4 visits per day over the past 30 days. Out of the last 100 people to visit the LIHS Blogger, we have had 30 visitors to the blog from Long Island (that is pretty pathetic),  61 from the rest of the USA and 9 from foreign (from places as far away as Meycauayan, Bulacan in the Philippines and Bucharest, Romania ).

Yet, we could and should be doing better especially among the LIHS membership. We could be attracting more of those who are not members but are potential members. The blog is, in part, a way to boost the membership and interest in the society. Anything that you, as an LIHS member, can do to help would be appreciated so why not take a few minutes to help us out. If you have a blog or a website, please link to the LIHS Blogger at:

http://lihsblogger.blogspot.com/

If you have pictures of your herps and their set-ups, of herps from field trips or other excursions then I encourage you to share them on the blog - just email them to me. If you have a story you would like to tell to go with your pics, or a story with or without photos about keeping or breeding herps please submit it to me. Likewise, send them to me if you have a herp related story from a field trip or a vacation or if you find something of interest in the news.

So far, to date, I think I have had one person, other than myself, submitting material for the blog and she may have submitted more material than I have done. That would be Deb H to whom I am very grateful. Let's all help keep the society alive and thriving by attracting more folks, through the blog, to boost the membership ranks.

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

  1. I follow a lot of reptile related stuff on the internet.. If I find anything awesome to share I should keep this blog in mind. As for my own stuff, I managed to record/take pics of leopard geckos hatching. I caught some "in the act" this summer. The first stuff I've ever hatched too :)

    ReplyDelete