Sunday, March 9, 2014

LIHS March 2014 Meeting

First off, allow me to apologize to the LIHS membership for not keeping up with the blog for way too long. It was not that there was enough material to post, Deb H sent me articles and pics as usual and I came across others. It was more along the lines of a lack of interest in posting on my part. That snaked its way over to my attendance at meetings too. Until today, I had not been to an LIHS meeting in sometime either. I think today's monthly meeting was the first I have attended since October. Shame on me and I offer my apology for letting down the LIHS as far as that goes. My apology also to Deb H for not publishing the stuff she took the time and effort to send me. That will be corrected forthwith.

Anyway, the meeting today was excellent. John Heiser did a presentation about Salamanders and newts of LI. It was nice to see the other members who showed up, I think there were a dozen to maybe 14 of us there today.

News from the meeting today was that the LIHS judged show will be held at the April meeting. In addition, the annual dinner may be held later this month, the tentative date was for March 29th. I am pretty sure that an email will be sent out to the membership soon.


Finally, Deb H notified the members in attendance at the meeting that there will be a reptile lecture and field trip given at Connetquot River State Park Preserve in Oakdale on Sunday March 15th. It will be held from 1:30 to 3PM. Please note that advance reservations are required and that this is an adults-only program. The cost is $8.00 for parking. For more information and to make reservations, call: 631-581-1072.
Hope to see you all at the next meeting and or at the LIHS annual dinner.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments:

Post a Comment