Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thoughts On The 2014 LIHS Reptile & Amphibian Show

See the title, it says thoughts on the show. The main reason it says that is because someone was running late and did not think about double checking to see he had everything before leaving for the show and thus forgot his camera. yes that would be me. So instead of having at least even a few photos of the event, all I have is thoughts and they don't even cover the whole show because I had to leave early.

The show was small, smaller than I would have hoped for, but there were some nice animals on display. They included either a green tree python (or emerald tree boa), a Texas rat snake, a boa constrictor, a ball python, several corn snakes, a few crested geckos, a few Chahoua geckos, a Central American wood turtle, a red foot tortoise, a couple of Egyptian tortoises, a Hermann's tortoise, and a ribbed newt. There also were others that I cannot remember right now. In all, they were some pretty nice herps. The judging started earlier than I had thought it would and I think was over by around 2:30, the same time I had to leave since I had a relative's birthday to attend. Thus, I missed the awarding of prizes. I did not bother entering my three animals into the contest because I had to leave early but apparently the judges included them in the contest anyhow. I know because I just got an email from Rich M saying he had a ribbon or two for me. That was nice of the judges.

All in all it was a nice show and I met a couple of new folks to the society (sorry I am terrible on names). It could only have been nicer if we had more participation from the membership. It's always nice to see familiar faces at these things and plenty of them. I hope more of the members, yes you, turn out at the next meeting and the auction (that must sound great coming from me since I missed most of the meetings this season). Oh well, hopefully there will be a good turnout at the auction and as I said, the show was nice regardless.

If I get the list of who won and for which animals, I will post it here later.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments:

Post a Comment