Sunday, September 7, 2014

Egads Is It 1030 AM Already?

That means that the New York Metro Reptile Expo, up in White Plains, has already opened its doors. It also means, I am late, very late. I usually get there by about 0830 to lend a helping hand to some friends who have a table at this event. Not helping out today though, but will be attending anyway, and am getting there later than usual.

Anyway, it is a great way to spend part of your Sunday and you still have plenty of time to enjoy it since it runs until about 4PM. Good deals are to be had on herps and herp supplies of all sorts. LIHS members Vin R, John H and Rich H will have tables there. Today I'll probably be picking up some things like: two large bags of cypress substrate, a thousand crickets, maybe some super worms too, and some gecko feeding cups and who knows what else. I'll get at least a couple of those items from Paul at Slither & Swim; he was a long time vendor at, and supporter of, the old LIHS annual show. Of course, me getting anything there will only happen if I actually get there. It's only about a 40-45 minute drive from mid-Nassau County but there is always the chance of traffic and since I want to spend as much time there as I can, no more dallying for me.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments:

Post a Comment