Tuesday, October 21, 2014

That Frogs Are Opportunistic Eaters...

...should be obvious from the video at the link below. That some people are, at least in my opinion, pretty much absolute idiots in how they feed their herps should also be easy to grasp while watching it. I just figure there is no way that a mouse that size should have been fed to a frog that small (and you will note that the video does not show the frog being completely eaten, maybe because the frog could not get it all down). It also probably would have been much wiser to have used a dead mouse to avoid a couple of things like the mouse's obvious unnecessary suffering and the frog being bitten by the mouse. I am certainly not an animals rights extremist (not even a moderate) but I have respect for animals and would much rather feed a dead mouse, that had been dispatched rapidly, to a herp instead of watching it suffer, if indeed the herp would accept a dead mouse. In this case, the mouse was simply a ridiculous for a frog that size and to me it seems that the video was made for the shock value or wow factor of it. I think most people get passed that stage of their lives and rise above such insensitive immaturity, as to get a rise out of stuff like that, when about 12 or 13 years old. Then again, some of us never grow up.

I link to the video here only to demonstrate a terrible way to feed a frog. You should avoid doing likewise.

http://youtu.be/ByQU-JD6okE

Video submitted by Deb H, my thanks to her for it.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments:

Post a Comment